SPEAK UP, ACT NOW!
We all have a voice to create a safe world that is free of violence.
We are all bystanders. As bystanders, we can save lives.
If you know someone in an abusive relationship:
- Don’t engage in a physical fight; your safety is a priority
- Speak up and acknowledge the situation, and if it’s safe, ask the person if she/he is okay
- Listen and believe the survivor; emphasize the survivor’s safety
- Let the survivor know that she/he is not responsible for the abuse and doesn’t deserve it
- Support and respect all decisions; honor confidentiality
- Offer resources, like DVRP’s hotline: 202-833-2233
Videos in Other Languages: 日本語, ngôn ngữ tiếng việt, 普通話, 粤语